Wednesday 2 September 2009

HAMSUN FESTIVAL 2009

This years Hamsun Festival was celebrating the renowned Norwegian author Knut Hamsuns 150th anniversary with the opening of the Hamsun Centre in Hamarøy. http://www.stevenholl.com/project-detail.php?type=museums&id=39 I was invited to do a workshop based on his work, and I chose to focus on his passion for nature. From early childhood he went into the woods and mountains to seek peace for his thoughts and observations that he so eloquently expressed in his novels throughout his life. I wanted the children to be right there, in his footsteps. I wanted them to sense the place and discover its treasures. I wanted them to be enveloped in the colours, shapes and tastes - to be part of nature - to be in it. Two days of experiencing, listening, tasting, making colors, houses of natural materials and celebrating the invisible wonders of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment