Sunday 13 November 2011

Residency in Barents


On my way to Kirkenes to do a residency and prepare work for Barents Spektakel on the 8-12th of February. Pikene på Broen is organising the residency and have done a marvellous job of composing a very interesting program for my stay. Also going for a couple of days to Nikel across the Russian border. In my childhood I used to visit my grandmother in Bjørnevatn. I walked to a nearby hill where I could see Nikel in a distance, billowing out toxic smoke from its smelting factory. It became a mythical place since the border was very hard to cross in those days. It will be interesting to see and experience what it is like to live here.

Barents Spektakel in 2012 has been given the title: DARE TO SHARE.
The festival will focus on joint management strategies in the borderland, be it strategies for oil and gas, fish, food, wastes, labor force, etc. They invite artists, researchers, musicians, writers, politicians, architects and the public to discuss and try out possible collaborative strategies between the states, regions and stakeholders.

No comments:

Post a Comment